Missing from Armada

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-14-2020, 08:38 PM

That tight feeling had grabbed hold of her again, stiffening her limbs. Just as sharp and swift came the retribution from her own mind. Get over yourself, Mal, you're still like this? With quick shake, she forced her hackles to lay flat and tried to take on at least the semblance of composure. She stole a moment to consider her next words, and then spoke, her voice low and even. "They were... alright. We lived on flatlands a lot like this one, actually, and we had our quarrels like anyone else. My, um... my mother and two siblings were killed in a territory dispute. And they were the only family I had, so at that point, I just didn't wanna stick around. I was old enough to survive on my own, so I left."

And that version, while perhaps a bit vague, was largely true. Why lie and cause trouble for herself later? Still, she hoped the mention of death would steer off any more questions, though with such a curious companion she couldn't be sure.

Her shoulders visibly slumped when he changed the subject. "I would love to meet your aunt, then. And a spar sounds like a great idea!" Anything to distract herself. Rising to her paws, she bounded a few steps away and turned around. Malalia took up a defensive position: body lowered, ears flattened against her skull, paws spread evenly, with just a bit of weight held in her hindlegs. Still, her tail gave a friendly wave, and the ensuing growl was all play. "Ready?"

"Speech"
[ooc: Thanks for the table!! :D]