size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG2

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
04-15-2020, 01:29 PM
The day was much like the first time she met the mammoth of a wolf, it had been dark and Poem couldn’t see much. He was one with the shadows as much today as he had been then, she didn’t hear anything until he wanted to be. Dark ears perked in the direction of the sound of paws on leaves, she tensed slightly having little clue if it was her once savior or not. When she saw movement through the trees she couldn’t be sure what she glimpsed, her features held only concentration as blue and lavender eyes searched through the thick trunks.

Poem wasn’t sure if she should prepare to flee or fight as the shadow materialized. Bright ruby eyes caught what little light was left in the day and the Destruction girl felt a grin come to her own lips as she caught his familiar features. They had both grown up, he was a full adult. He looked much better kept and had filled out impressively. She hadn’t fully appreciated his handsome features the last time they met. His jaunt through the woods was obvious in the leaves and spots of unkempt fur. The strangest urge to rid them for him and smooth his ruffles came over her. She ignored it as he spoke.

She was reminded again how long ago their last meeting seemed. She had been so young and naive back then. Before Sirius had struck his deal with her.. ”Dominus Praetor,” she returned warmly as her icy blue paws helped close the distance between them. She felt her heart skip a beat as his gaze lingered on her form, her cheeks flushed and she wagged her tail nervously at her hips. He spoke much of what she wanted to say as well. She hadn’t forgotten the favor he had given her.

”I thought the world might end as well,” her words were soft. She pulled her haunches beneath her and sat beside him, keenly aware of how close they were. Her fur prickled slightly as she tried to ignore the way Dominus made her feel. She had been so focused on her family for so long she barely spent time in another’s presence. Eligos hadn’t elicited such a reaction. ”I’m better now,” Poem was being honest. He seemed genuinely interested in how she fared after the eruption. ”After my family settled my father and I went to look harder for my sister. I found her, but the price to get her back was high. The Warlord, Sirius had bought her at the slave market months before. He offered to free her if I could best him in battle…”

She averted her gaze, still ashamed of that moment. Had she won that day she would have brought Motif home and her family would have been complete. Maybe her mother would have even still been alive to this day.. ”I lost, but he was generous enough to release Motif and take me in her place. I trained under him for a while, until my mother died in an earthquake.” Poem’s voice became very small at the admittance. Easily the most painful point in her life, her wounds still felt as fresh as the day Sirius told her. ”I was released, and have been home since.” She closed her eyes tightly as she pushed the heavy emotions down. ”Motif has been living with me, and it feels like life might go back to.. normal.” Though she was sure life would never be the same as before the eruption. She wouldn’t ever get used to the missing presence of her mother.

”I’m so glad you’re okay. I worried that you got caught in the eruption, or something worse…” She trailed off as she tried to focus on him instead of her own misfortune and loss. ”You look.. healthy.” she offered awkwardly, knowing she had a hundred other words she would have rather called him. Poem just barely refrained from sticking her foot further into her mouth. ”I hope you’ve been doing well.” Her words were genuine as they slipped past her dark lips and her bright eyes were returned to his deep garnet gaze.