size
Large
build
Medium
player
Sylvia 1

04-16-2020, 01:06 AM

Odette Mooncrest

While the woman knew that the Kleins rules over the empire, she could count on one paw just how many Kleins she had actually met. Killian, by far, is the only one she really had the opportunity to get to know. So while he spoke of his brother, the differences in their appearance, his profession and position here in the Armada... she could almost fool herself into thinking she was glimpsing into the lives of their rulers. That somehow, the bond between Killian and Elphias could represent the relationship between Ashen and the Armada, the behavior between all the other Kleins. But some where deep within Odette knew this would not be the case, not for all of them at least. A tinge of sadness crept over the woman at the mention of Killian's litter mates being lost, the unknown probably more horrible than knowing. "I am sorry to hear of their disappearance. I hope they are alright. Perhaps you will find them one day soon." It was her best attempt at reassuring the male, though without knowing when or how the others went missing, she would lack any true understanding. When asked of her own kin, Odette laughed nervously, tearing her gaze from his piercing blue orbs and into the sky. "No. My family was small to begin with, and for what ever reason, we grew apart quickly. I... probably couldn't even find them even if I wanted to."

Gosh.. how long had it been since the woman even thought of her past life? Of her family she had left behind? Of the embarrassing daughter she used to be? They would get a kick out of seeing me now, that's for sure. The failure daughter, runaway to make something of herself, made it to slavery within a fortnight. It was almost amusing, if not painfully ironic. Odette would sigh low, letting the thoughts of the past leave her with every breath. She was in a better place, even if it was slavery. She was in better company, even if they weren't blood. She had a home, even if it was far from her homeland. That was proof of something. Pulling her mind from her thoughts, Odette plunged herself back into the conversation, listening as Killian seemed to ponder deeply on her words. Offering a small smile, Odette would nudge the male with her paw. "Well... I may not be a warrior... or a fighter really.. but I'd do my best to have your back if no one else did." It probably wouldn't comfort the man, and in a real situation, her presence would most likely be more of a hinder than a help, but she hoped that her message was clear. Killian would never fight alone.

Hearing that he had not met the pups came as a bit of a surprise to Odette. There were so many of them, each with unmistakable markings and colors, it would be hard to miss them. But perhaps that was for the best... while the kids had good hearts... somewhere, they were a great deal to handle. "Perhaps you will meet them soon. They come around my hen house often as it is, I'm sure with all the plans to keep you around, you'll run into them too." She almost felt guilty accepting the warrior's help, but at the same time, a bit of her wanted to be selfish for a change. To have the company of a wolf rather than her feline company, and to be able to get real work done. Real progress! Something the fawn woman hadn't had the chance to do in a long time. "Hope your den isn't far. I'd hate to keep you working all day just to walk over half the territory to get home. We could always set you up with a temporary hole here, while we were working that is." It would take time to achieve all of their goals, but Odette was hopeful they could achieve it all. It would only be a matter of when, and hopefully before winter set in. The crispness in the air was not missed as the sun began to settle in the distance, but the warmth of the fire warmed the woman's fur as she subconsciously inched closer.

Cerulean eyes watched as a handsome smile brushed across the male's features as he spoke in regard to her position. It use to be hard for Odette to admit she was a slave, not only to others but to herself as well. But in time Zee taught her that the handmaiden was a friend of the Queen, and to this day her words rang true. Zee was one of Odette's dearest friends, and if giving up her position as a handmaiden would endanger that bond in any way, Odette knew she would refuse. She gave a small dip of her chin as she grinned at the warrior. "Thank you, Killian." How odd was it that she had run into this brute just that morning, on a wild chase for her runaway Dash, and now saying his name was almost as easy as saying her own. It rolled off her tongue with ease, like the name no longer was associated with that of a stranger, but rather a friend. All in a days work! She would hum to herself, proud to have met another pack mate and had achieved so much already.

As the bird was laid out, Odette would be asked about her cooking, to which she giggled, shaking her head. "My mother, waaaay back in my early days. She would love to cook big meals like this after a long days work. It brought the family closer together, even for just a meal." The magic behind cooking a meal rather than just hunting down a prey and devouring it on the spot, was that it meant a great deal more to have someone take the time and effort to prepare it. It was one of the only signs of affection Odette witnessed within her family. That didn't mean the woman wouldn't scarf down a hare if she was starving, but it meant that when time could be taken to cook a meal, she would do so. Once the steam seemed to settle over the bird, Odette would let the warrior take the first bite as she attempted to not stare. However, she was eager to hear his reviews on her cooking, and a bit of fear swelled in her stomach as she ripped off a chunk of meat for herself. Carefully, the woman would look up under her long lashes, and peak at Killian. It seemed every time she did so, more and more meat would be gone, and no complaint had yet to be made. But was that because the warrior was being polite? Or was it because the food was to his liking?

Finally, with his bone licked clean, Killian's words would grace the fawn woman's ears, and he seemed to genuinely like the food. Odette let out a long sigh, smiling brightly as her chest filled with pride. "Well, help yourself. There will always be more where that came from." Happy with his reaction, Odette would let herself pluck a few more chunks of meat off of the birds breast, gently holding the bird as her teeth sliced through the meat. She would then lay the chunk onto her free pad and use her own paw as a dish while she ate. With so many thoughts running through her head, Odette would eventually turn to face the male once more. "Here's another question for you; if a hunter came back with antlers or horns from a prey, could you use them for battle? Would it be useful to you?" Odette often thought about going on more hunts to support her growing pack, but with the tight restriction of her boundaries, she was limited to hunting within pack lands. There wasn't much besides fishing to be had, and the few game animals that stumbled into the territory often left quickly due to the potency of the wolves living here. But if one day the woman would be granted permission to hunt beyond the territory line... she would like to know if all parts of her kill could be useful.

"Speech"

Table by Sea
Art by Fox
Odette has a Sand Cat companion named Cordonia, and a Welsummer Rooster named Dash. Unless mentioned, it is safe to assume they are not  with her.