size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Frost

Valentines 2020
04-19-2020, 10:27 PM

Saren took the freshly rinsed piece of sinew and walked back over to where his dead rabbits were. He needed to dry the sinew and once that was done he could test its uses. Sinew straight from the leg felt like it still held moisture in it. Saren normally didn’t watch over corpses he’d eaten from as they rotted so he wasn’t totally sure what would happen once it was dried. He placed the one he had rinsed off back down on the ground before starting work on the other leg of the first rabbit. Following the same process as before of biting off both ends and going to the water to rinse it.

As he worked Saren heard that the other man was working on tanning a rabbit hide and looking into drying meat. Both sounded like interesting ideas although Saren wasn’t quite sure what it meant to tan something. He had glanced over a couple of times to see what the man was doing and it seemed like he had skinned the rabbit and was going to cover the back of it in….brains? The idea of that certainly wasn’t one he would’ve come up with but he would have to try it. Maybe he could eat the meat on the rabbit he was currently working on and then skin the other? Drying meat also sounded pretty cool although he didn’t know how one could dry it without it attracting flies and rotting.

Saren paused in his process to respond and ask some questions “I’m experimenting with animal tendons to make some sort of binding for wounds, I’m curious to see how it ends up and what uses I’ll actually think of.” Saren was eager to get the experiment fully under way, if he could figure out how to make things to help actually heal other wolves that was a big step up from eating random plants and occasionally throwing up. “Drying meat sounds like an interesting idea, are you sure it won’t just rot?”