Sarak

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
08-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Sarak

Clarity? He needed clarity. He lowered himself to the ground, paw draping over his muzzle, trying to shut out the world so he could think. Ears folded flat to his head. Her whine reached him, and he stilled. His head lifted slowly, ears slowly pricking. Quietly, he rose and turned, slipping back in, pausing to stand and study her. Curled into as small a ball as she could go, she looked as though something tore at her from the inside. The strangled call of his name called him forward. He lowered his head, and ran his tongue over her brow. ?I am here. You have me to run to when the world is too much, my shoulder to lean on, my ears to hear you. Neither one of us knows what they are doing, and I?m scared too. I?ve never felt these things either, Azalea. Not to mention, your father would probably tear me apart if he knew what I felt for you.? The last bit was an attempt at humor.

He settled onto the floor of his den and offered his side for her to nestle against. ?So? what now?? Green pools studied her as he reclined. In the meager light from the stars outside he could see her. The confusion he shared, the sadness, fear of loss? It must be ripping her apart. How were they going to get through this mess?