Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
04-21-2020, 04:20 PM

Skyfire wasn't sure whether to call that a smile or not. In response, she kinda smiled a little too without realizing, but it was more of an awkward smile. Koby continued on to the top of the falls where ash was still on the ground. Skyfire stepped in it, felt the softness of it and saw how it matched her pelt somewhat. She tilted her head in curiosity as she compared the two colors, seeing that there were similarities. She pushed the ash around and felt some weight to it. It wasn't like snow where it was light in weight. The ash felt much heavier and it didn't stick together like snow did. Sky would remember that this stuff only came from volcanoes. She wondered what the ash came from besides the smoke out of an erupting volcano. Perhaps the rocks smoking as they melted?

Koby answered her question and continued on to talk about bone reading and loving the land. Huh - he was a fortune teller? Perhaps he could tell her when she would be queen again, though she doubted as much. Her parents had a fortune teller around for a while, but when they weren't getting the answers they wanted, she stopped seeing him for a while. Maybe it was the snake, or someone else. She never knew what happened to him, nor did they talk about it. A nomad was someone who traveled alone a lot, and it made her wonder if he enjoyed being alone in total. Skyfire liked being alone, but she wasn't sure how she could be alone all her life. At some point she had to talk to someone which was what she was doing now. With a snake. Another shiver down her spine, and she pushed the icky thoughts away.

"I'm a wanderer by choice." Skyfire said as she looked over the waterfall. "Though my parents lost control of their kingdom, I left after a territory skirmish. Now I wander freely where people can't tell me what to do or control me. Now that I'm here, I have to learn the land or I'll never make it back home, or at least to a new home."

Skyfire thinks. Skyfire listens.

"Skyfire speaks."