size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Fail!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
04-25-2020, 08:17 AM
TIED TO WHAT IS LATE, AIN'T YOU NOW

Aureus nimbly took the left strand and crossed it over the middle so that it became the new middle. He then held onto the bottom of the strands with one paw and used the other to tighten the braid. He then moved to pull the right strand over the new middle and repeated the steps. It took him longer than it would a more agile creature but he was nothing if not stubborn and determined and so he continued working until he had a full braid. He then tied a knot at the end to finish up the project. It was short, only a foot long, but this was more of a test before he tried doing something even longer.

Aureus felt sorrow brush his heart for a moment as he listened to Rhythm speak about the heat and its effects on pottery. His heart ached for his mother again. This was the sort of thing he wished his own mother had been able to spend some time teaching him. It struck him suddenly that he and his siblings were essentially orphans now. He swallowed hard and cleared his throat, grateful that Rhythm couldn't see him. "Thank you, I appreciate your wisdom and I'm going to try that with my next pot! There's a boy I like who likes to create potions and things so I know he'd appreciate some good waterproof bowls." It felt good to say that he had a crush. This was, again, information he wished he could talk with his parents about.