Basilisk I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
08-26-2013, 08:40 AM

For Basilisk, it was difficult to fall into the label of 'friend' or 'enemy.' In between these two categories was a massive grey area, where most creatures he had met fell; he often felt numb to the friendly gestures of others, and even strangely unfazed to cruelty displayed by some wolves. Somehow, Cross had managed to become one of the few wolves Basilisk trusted -- even if only superficially. Slowly he reclined to his haunches, feeling the dull ache of his injuries as this body begun to relax, and adrenaline stopped coursing through his veins. He had no need to vocalize it, but if it had been a real spar, Cross would've kicked his ass. It was likely the boy had been given more training than he. Part of him wished his father had spent more time with him, training him, teaching him things. But alas, he had been forced to grow up mostly alone. Even when his mother had been around, she had never been as ... there as he had wanted her to be. He wondered briefly where his sister was, wishing badly he could be physically near her again. He felt as thought hat might solve all of his problems, but he knew that was so far from the truth..

Purple gaze watched Cross as he rolled over, listening to his declaration. He would not have been surprised if the boy hadn't known his father's name, and yet it was not at all surprising that he did. Basilisk swore he saw judgement begin to well in Cross's eyes, and he narrowed his eyes and lowered his head ever so slightly.

But instead, and quite gladly, he was rewarded with a different attitude. 'Well, then it's nice to meet you cousin. You're the half brother of one of my family members.' Curiosity made his eyes open fully again, watching his new ally with a carefully guarded expression. "I didn't know I had any half brothers," he said slowly, though he was not exactly surprised by the fact. He'd heard rumors that his father had taken advantage of numerous women, so this wasn't exactly news to him. However, what he hadn't known was that he had produced children. His own tail flicked behind him, though he was slightly on edge now, wondering. Part of him felt betrayed, but he knew why Kaios had hid such things from his family. But it made him wonder if he had cared for his mother at all. "How many are there?"