gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantUnderachieverSnake EyesBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019
04-30-2020, 09:09 PM
"Thanks," Caelia replied to her offer simply, sitting up partially to snag one of the offered thorns. She wondered if everyone outside of Valhalla was so cordial, but it was hard to know for sure. Toxicity was just a kid after all, all things considered, so being nice would only work in her favor as she figured the world out... right? Most of time time being polite, to an extent, felt like a solid choice. Caelia was still trying to figure out her place in the world and her interactions with strangers had only been pleasant so far, always working in her favor - this meeting included.

Carefully she pulled the thorn toward her, working the hide onto it. It did puncture the pelt and allowed her to tug slightly and widen the third hole. "Works pretty well, actually." Maybe this crafting thing wasn't so bad? It was tricky, but she was catching on. Toxicity seemed to appreciate the offer as well, and she watched her for a moment as she worked the hair and the leather strap through the holes in the base of the horns. "Did you make the holes yourself?" It was hard to imagine a wolf being dexterous enough to do that, but there were things Caelia didn't know, and she wouldn't assume she wasn't capable of it in some manner.

Caelia continued working at the holes, eventually flipping the hide over to its opposite side to use the leather to make the initial holes, and her teeth to widen them. Pleased with what she'd done so far, she grabbed some of the smaller, thin scraps and tried to work it through the hole, but it proved tricky. Pausing to consider for a moment, she decided to use the thorn to aid her, angling it with her paws to help push the leather through the hole with some pressure. Finally she pulled the end of the leather strip through. Now, how would she secure the ends? Maybe if she somehow found some sap she could find a way to harden the back end.... she wasn't totally sure.

"No one, really. I just watched some of the crafters in my pack. It's not too hard, just takes a lot of time. You need to scrape all the guts and stuff from it, and the hair. I think washing it would've helped some first. Anyway, after I used the brains and mashed it into the hide. Not that pleasant, but I guess it helps cure it. I left it out here to dry for a few days - I think the sun really helped." Maybe it wouldn't hold up over time, but surely she could get better at it with time. Hopefully it would at least hold up for their first practice raid. Wrinkling her nose as she concentrated, she wished suddenly she had more dexterous paws... being able to tie the ends of the leather that was fastening one side of the bracer to the other- the strip of leather was connecting the two holes but she wasn't quite sure how to keep them stuck like that. "Any idea what might help keep these ends tight? I was thinking sap but I'm not sure that would really hold up...." Maybe some brainstorming would help Toxicity with her headdress, too.

WC: 550
Total: 3,681