Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
05-02-2020, 12:31 PM

She was patient as she watched him think, and chew it over. She wasn’t certain how much he agreed with her, but she was expecting some resistance. She had her next argument laid out on the tip of her tongue. look at it this way, she would say Either God can make mistakes, in which case perhaps some acts of nature are so great, even he can't plan around them, or he doesn't. In which case you're exactly where he intended you to be, and his empire is exactly where he intended it to be right now. Either way, don't you think he's giving you time to find yourself? the words were there, in her heart, determined to show him that he didn’t have to be so hard on himself.

So it came as some surprise, when he agreed with her. Perhaps not on the God-side of things, in which she was so far from any sort of expert, but on relationships. Which, lets face it, was just as equally alien to her.

She met his gaze, determined not to look away, even when she felt heat rising to her dark cheeks. His eyes darted to the side first, and he would admit his whole life had been about leadership, without any time to think about himself. “I know what that's like, I let myself get swallowed by my work. I guess… I guess no one really knows the answer to that, you just have to take the risk, open up your heart, and see what happens. I think fear of that is what keeps a lot of people lonely. I don’t want to be lonely.” the last hadn’t meant to slip out. This wasn’t about her, it was about helping Pyrrhic.

""