Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Valentines 2020Critical Hit!
05-06-2020, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 10:42 PM by Dominus I.)
DOMINUS PRAETOR

The scent of the lavender was apparently not just a part of his memory either, as he turned to look toward the patch of grass that had caught Regulus' attention. The herbs were something he grew up with, as his mother had kept them in stock to help calm Elias' on his worst nights; it had become a comforting scent, something that always took him back to the mental state of being an infant cuddled to his mother's stomach.

Steady steps brought him to the plant as his chin lowered toward it, not enough to touch it quite yet but a gentle breeze pushed the plant forward and closed the rest of the distance between him and the lavender, allowing it to stick to the wet of his nose in a soft kiss. Dominus exhaled first, pausing for a moment before he inhaled and let the plant relax him the more he embraced the memory of his mother and the calming effect of the plant. He wasn't sure what Regulus was about to tell him, but he took a minute to calculate what it could have been. It made him anxious that Regulus hated his father, but it seemed most wolves did - after all, that is why Acere did what he did. He didn't know the full story of Elias' crimes, but the death of Domina was likely the story that Reg wanted to tell him. Regulus had mentioned that his mother was Regulus' own sister, and Dominus lifted his eyes back to the red man as he thought about that - what Regulus would have done had he witnessed Elias kill his sister like Dominus' witnessed.

His weight lowered to his haunches as he bit his tongue, the curiosity to find out if there was more that he needed to know about Elias' beyond just what he did to Domina. Elias' often told them stories about slaves and sacrifices, as it was apart of their religion and celebration of Servus Menti, but what else was there? Was there more? He readied himself with an open mind for whatever he was about to hear. He wanted to do so with a logical mind, not one that rationalized everything with the motive of demons. The death of his sister, the death of all those slaves.. had all been rationalized by Elias' loyalty to Apollyon and Apollyon's supposed need for their souls. Elias was a murderer, and he would remind himself of that - not glorify him like he sometimes did when remembering these stories. This was a hard thought for the boy to process, a hard truth to face, but he was willing and he looked strong into the eyes of Regulus' to show him that.

"Yes. I am ready."

html by castlegraphics; art by monster

Dominus has a black snake that stalks him. Unless mentioned already by me, it is welcomed to powerplay this snake and allow your character to notice it somewhere in your posts.
Dominus says bad words, he can also be very unstable. All Dominus' threads are mature.