Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
05-06-2020, 11:22 PM
Regulus Anatolii Adravendi

The boy was brave, that was for certain. Regulus had no clue that there was a niece he would never meet from this boy’s litter. He waited until Dominus professed his readiness, then shifted to sit before him, bending to take in a deep breath of the lavender himself.

After a few moments to set his thoughts and recollections into place, he began, instinctively falling into the cadence of a story-teller. Truth rang in each word, and a melancholy regret.

Settling like a sphynx, he began, “The story begins before your mother left our pack to explore the world. Your grandmother hadn’t yet passed on. But that is a separate tale of its own. Long story short, a bit after your mother left on her own, I had to seek out master healers in hopes that my mother would be cured from her illness. Unfortunately, it was a lost cause. She passed on the journey home… I returned to Celestial, and regained my place at its helm, burying your grandmother, and shortly after, fought off a challenger for my pack.”

He shook his head lightly, adding, “Really, that’s just backstory. This isn’t easy to speak of. But, sometime around there… your mother encountered Elias.” His tone darkened.

“I didn’t find out about it, or that she was even pregnant with your older siblings until they were long born, and she came to me. Dominus. Your older siblings were not conceived out of love or willingness. She raised them alone in Lirim, your Aunt Faite's pack-- now it's led by your cousin Torin.”

His eyes pulled away, gazing into the lavender. “She begged me not to kill him for raping her. I shouldn’t have listened. Because I never got to see my sister again. I don’t know what happened. But you are here before me. She was convinced she could fix him. I don’t know if it was possible.”

His eyes locked with Dominus’ gaze as he said forcefully, “But know this, boy. I do not hate you. I do not blame you for whatever your sire did, or has done. That is all on Elias. Perhaps there are circumstances that I do not understand, but all I saw in that wolf was something that should be killed before it could hurt her or any other woman again. But… I caved to your mother’s wishes.”

He fell silent, watching Dominus, and wondering just how well he was taking this story.

[Image: T8yHvja.png]