Missing from Armada

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
05-12-2020, 08:38 PM

The earth-toned girl returned a cheerful smile. "I'd love to try them out." With a flick of her ears, she bounded away to stalk some plants.

The long tendrils of the willows caressed her back as she moved beneath the fractured sunlight, heading north from the site of the kill. The currents that splintered off from the hot springs would be wider there, the soil damp and hopefully to the herb's liking. She was confident she would find the plant, as she'd scented it around here. She was less confident about her own abilities, muttering unintelligibly all the way there. Are you kidding me?? Cairo had beaten her in the spar, done all the work skinning the hide, and hell, with the field healing he'd mentioned? He could probably fix that wound himself. And she'd never even used a mortar and pestle!

Learning a thing or two was fine. Fun, even. This much, though? It was... a distinctly uncomfortable feeling, realizing how little she knew.

Soon enough, she found what she was looking for, a tiny uprising of fleshy green stalks. She placed her paws on the dry root that curved over the stream, and carefully nipped away the excess bristles before clipping off a rod of the herb. Quit being a baby. She could pout, or she could learn. ....Or maybe both, but she wasn't about to let Cairo think she was some whiny brat, was she? She'd already dealt with one too many of those.

Pacing back to the Valhallan, she set the horsetail on the clean grass and nodded towards the armor where he carried his tools. "Alright, let me at 'em."

"Speech"