Master Hunter (295)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

Halloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
05-12-2020, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2020, 11:11 PM by Cairo II.)
[You get Cairo's 100th post ^^ You'd never know he went his whole puphood barely posted due to me being phonebound last year lol Btw, I have an AW on Mt Volkan with him if you want to try doing the Fighting Prompt for this season. I'm open t making it a large predator fight instead, though.]

Cairo smiled as she said she’d be willing to try them out. As she bounded off, he hung back around the kill, both to keep it from being scavenged, and to bend and unlatch his armor. It was easier to reach the pouches when the armor was on the ground, rather than wandering in circled trying to work on thing out of a pouch.

He shook out his short coat, stretching and arching his back. Useful as it was, it was nice to get air through his splotchy fur and he’d been wearing the armor for over twenty-four hours by now. He unhooked the lid to the pouch that carried the mortar and pestle and pulled the smooth, medium-sized welled stone out, tugging the rounded stone that acted as the grinder out after it.

Then he grinned with a light wiggle of the hips as he found a small, fired-clay bottle stoppered with beeswax with a strip of gold ribbon sticking out of the wax. Honey would be a great addition to the horsetail, helping it stick to the wound. Although, he’d actually just stuck the bottle in there with the thought of eating it, though Paladin would have bopped his nose one if he knew… Jokingly, of course. Mostly.

He chuckled to himself at the thought of the Nomad-Trained man giving him a lecture on not eating the healing supplies, then grinned as Malalia returned with her horsetail find.
Flopping to his uninjured side – complete with a tail slap to the ground – he nosed the mortar and pestle to her, propped on his elbows as he nosed the rounded stone into the well of the mortar stone. “Paladin does it like this when he’s making salves and pastes.”

He rested one paw over the rounded stone and demonstrated the rhythmic, rocking grinding motion he’d watched the healer do often enough. He hadn’t tried it himself, but he understood now why Paladin’s eyes glazed a bit while he was doing it. It was a soothing sort of motion, and the sound was pleasantly repetitive.

After a few motions, he nudged the setup to her, taking the pestle-stone out of the mortar and twisting to roll the bottle of honey to her. “And this is honey. I was originally packing it along to eat it, but it’s also really good for wounds, and if you mix the horsetail into it as a salve, it should help it stick. You can keep the bottle of honey if you like. Shouldn’t need much and a healer warrior will find more use in it than a Warrior Hunter.”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think