gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Fox
05-18-2020, 08:21 PM
The closer she drew to the scent, the more certain Amaranth became. Scenting out things like prey and individuals was still something she was learning; the nuances to different scents could be tricky to pin down sometimes. This particular scent however she knew almost as well as her own or Gus's. At first she had no idea where Mæva might be hiding because all she saw was tall grasses and shrubs and trees. Turns out the jerk had been hiding, what gives? After Mara came close enough her sister leapt out from behind her cover and charged, catching Amaranth completely off guard even though technically she had been the one in pursuit.

Of course, her surprised, "Oh, shit!" was quickly cut off with bubbling, gleeful laughter. Mæva licked at her face which Mara allowed, and she herself affectionately head-butted her sister before rearing up onto her hind legs and attempting to wrap her forelimbs around her sibling's shoulders, half affection and half rough-housing. "Of course I came! You didn't think I'd let you guys stir up trouble without me, did you? Gus is around, too, sorry it took us so long." Getting sidetracked as they had had been an interesting diversion, but Mara was beyond words with how happy she was to see one of her other siblings again. "Is Dad around?" It hadn't been that long since she'd seen her old man, but she was excited to reunite with him too. She'd probably have to come up with some story about getting chewed up and spit out by a bear to commemorate the occasion. Or maybe a mountain lion? No, no, a giant snake! ...Eh, she'd think of something.

(Amaranth has a male Bobcat companion, if he is not mentioned assume he is not present)