size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
05-20-2020, 04:26 PM
Whatever Red had expected - and he had carefully told himself not to expect anything - it had certainly not been tears. He straightened in alarm, certain he had done something wrong... but she smiled at him, and he smiled back uncertainly. Not knowing about her mother's love of the stone he'd chosen, he had no idea why she had reacted with tears but she didn't seem to be upset with him over it so he simply inched closer to press his shoulder against her in support.

When she threw a meaningful glance at the package she'd given to him, he moved back to put a paw on it again, but made no move to open it just yet. Instead, his expression turned serious, almost pensive. "When I had to leave my family and my home," he began slowly, "I never thought that I would find someplace I loved as much as I did my homeland. But Valhalla feels more like a home to me now than any place I have ever been... because of you."

He tried to continue, and words failed him for a moment before he swallowed and continued hoarsely. "I have never felt for another being the way I feel for you, Aurielle. I love you." He braced himself, staring searchingly into her eyes, an uncertain furrow in his tabby-marked brow.