Loner
Missing from Armada

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
05-21-2020, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 03:56 AM by Malalia.)

She frowned as a look of confusion, and anger swept over his features. And for just a moment, she felt achingly sad. He knew that Banshee and Io were adopted into the family, didn't he? Was he... did he not want her to be a part of it? She couldn't for the life of her figure out why, but then, what Cairo had said about his own family clicked. Maybe he'd gotten some pure-blood nonsense into his head.... But no. Mortis was such a sweet kid. That couldn't be it --

Oh. He was talking about being her sister-in-law, and... Oh. He was talking about being her sister-in-law through Azure, and suddenly she was stock still.

And after a few heartbeats.... Mal just burst out laughing. Loud, gut-wrenching peals of laughter that tumbled her to the earth, and nearly brought tears to her eyes, because who in their right mind would ever think that was a good idea? "Oh, fuck no," she wheezed, ears pinned and eyes squeezed tight. "Oh man.... Mort, I'm sorry, but if your dad ever betrothed me to that slimy little shit, I'd kill him myself." She was still chortling, but she meant that wholeheartedly.

Eventually, her laughter subsided, and she raised her head, though she remained on the ground. "No, he wouldn't do that. Mortis." She caught his eyes and gave him a gentle smile. "Your dad adopted me. I assumed he would've told you," she explained. Now that he knew what had actually went down, she was still a bit nervous again at how he'd react. But the protective rant he'd gone on was certainly endearing.

"Speech"

ooc: edited for spelling and to keep the timeframe vague lol