Stop Being Dramatic

Octave-Whoever else

Kite

gems
size
build
player
05-21-2020, 12:04 PM

Keeping his eyes closed was worse than having them open. A rainbow of colors rolled through the dark on the inside of his eyelids. He had no control. It made him panic a bit and Kite moved to put his paws over his head instead of his stomach, pulling himself into as tight of a ball as he could manage. The tighter he curled, the more the colors altered. Sometimes he thought he could see shapes in there as well. Great beasts swimming within the sea of color. A giant fin broke through the waves and Kite made a little eeping sound of alarm and opened his eyes again. "There are sharks in my brain!"

The big, pale angel drew close and Kite's eyes were filled with unshed tears as he watched the motion. A whisper in his ear drew a soft gasp of awe from the lad. Who knew angels had such beautiful voices? The angel asked him what he'd eaten and Kite tried to remember. "Snow. Snow mixed with mushrooms and flowers." He knew nothing about healing and so he had no idea what the flowers were. The mushrooms, however, he could picture those. "Tall stems, brown and white caps. Lots of them growing together." He fought to remember what the flowers looked like. "Purple flowers in a bell shape. They smelled nice." In the future he might know that he had ingested magic mushrooms, hence the hallucinations. The purple bell flower was something that others might use to craft poison, but he had no idea of knowing. It had simply smelled nice. After this, Kite would be very loathe to try any sort of herbal concoctions.

"If you aren't here to take me away, can you help me?" Kite begged the pale angel. A halo of color began undulating around the man's body. The color sparked, erupting outward like little splashes. It wasn't as vibrant as it had been inside his eyes, but it was still quite colorful. His stomach seized again, but there was nothing left to get rid of. Just a dry heave. Kite came away panting. Why did he feel so hot?

Words