An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

Halloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
06-12-2020, 06:20 PM

His lips twitched in a soft laugh. “They’ll be Aurielle’s children. Hopefully I’ll be well enough to get home before they’re born, because who wants to miss their mentor bringing in the next generation, right?”

It could have been misconstrued as sarcasm, but his eyes fairly shone and sparkled with the excitement. There was no doubt that this man was a sucker for pups, and he’d no doubt be doting on the upcoming litter. He’d die happy under a pile of pups.

He grinned, almost sadly, as she spoke of Aurielle’s early achievements. Leaning a little closer, he admitted gently, “She does her best to be strong, but I do think that every leader sometimes worries that he or she isn’t doing it right, wondering if they really deserve to be in charge of everything. It’s a lot of responsibility, and a lot of dissembling to show a strong face to the world, when you yourself are losing someone you love. But I think you'll handle it well. Life has obstacles and hard choices no matter what you do in it or where you go.” He didn't miss the glow he'd managed to kindle, and he was pleased to assuage some of her worry. A little caution was good. It meant she'd strive to be the best she could for her pack.

At her question he smiled crookedly. “Being a good patient and doing a lot of thinking. I do my best to ignore what I glimpse. Aurielle would never ask me to divulge what I learn of the Armada, but why give your father any more reason to be suspicious, eh?”

He chuckled, and added, “Peak boredom has yet to be achieved, but I’ll get there, no doubt. But I won’t do anything stupid. I want to get well and be whole when I do.”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think