size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

VolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-19-2020, 11:50 AM
Twig was so unnerved that she almost stopped mid sentence as Corvus froze and watched her as she offered up her heartfelt confession. The feelings for him were stronger than her doubts though, and as the words slipped out she felt freed. The ball was in his court, he could take her heart or leave her high and dry. She hadn’t thought much about the consequences if he refused her, if their relationship afterwards would be salvageable. All she knew was that she cared deeply for the man and she wanted him in her life, and much closer than he was.

She managed to get all of her words out and she looked up to his verdant gaze, not sure what she would find. Twig let her gaze linger as he took a moment to form his words. Those moments might have been the longest in her life. Her own features softened as his voice fell on her ears, the words were everything she’d ever wanted to hear. The Memoire girl brightened, her smile more brilliant than ever before and especially after the last year.

”I love you, Twig”

With her heart melting Autumn closed the rest of the distance between them. She pressed herself against his shoulder and lifted her forehead to slip underneath his chin. ”I love you too, Corvus.” She hadn’t expected to say those words so quickly, but they felt so right as she said them. Was this the hope that she had been waiting on for so long? A glimmer of brightness in the darkness that seemed to overwhelm her life sometimes?