gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantGold Medal 2020
06-20-2020, 06:45 AM

Askan supposed she had a point. Letting it bleed out seemed unnecessarily cruel, and unlike cats wolves did not play with their food. Not that he intended on eating it, it just didn't seem like the natural thing to do, like there was something wrong with the meat. Then she mentioned that she thought the cat smelled wrong, which honestly Askan hadn't noticed. He'd never seen such a cat before, how was he supposed to know what they smelled like?

"What do you mean? You think it's sick?" Askan's nose twitched in disgust. Hopefully it wasn't catching.

He then looked back to the cat once again, brows furrowed and eyes narrowed in a thoughtful squint. He could see himself dying in a situation such a this, bleeding and alone, but as much as he'd deny it he'd want to be shown some mercy too. To see a little bit of light before everything went black. Beneath him the cat rumbled, weak and raspy and Askan figured that now was the time. He didn't think there was an afterlife, despite what his parents had hammered into him as a pup, but if there was then he hoped that the cat would be going somewhere nice.

He ended it then. Grabbing onto the back of the cats neck once again he bit down hard, clamping down on its windpipe. It struggled at first, feebly wiggling and squirming against his hold but soon enough it went still and slumped to the floor. It was dead and Askan...he felt little. Perhaps a little guilty but the feeling was quiet, subdued, hidden by the smug sense of triumph that shoved itself to the forefront of his mind. To think that he'd killed a cat -with just a little help- without much trouble at all, surely that said a lot about his skills. And scratch on his nose aside he'd come out fine, like the fight had never happened.

He turned to the girl then as he stepped over the cat and shook out his coat. He was a bit dishevelled but that was to be expected, not that he really cared how he looked these days.

"I suppose I ought to thank you." He grumbled, sounding awfully reluctant.

[Image: dcn3i8m-9c82d108-20e7-4e4d-8c63-664fb310...DJDJeXfbOA]