Missing from Armada

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-22-2020, 01:56 AM

"Oh -- sure. I would usually use my steel claws for this, but I don't have them right now. A very sharp rock works just as well, or as a last resort your teeth will do." She took up a stone, and another fish, and swept an imaginary line from the tail of the fish to its head.

"You want to angle the sharp, wide end of the rock until it slips just under the scales. Make sure you're not actually piercing into the skin, though. You end up ripping up the skin and flesh, if you push too deep. And then, all you want to do is push gently, but firmly across..."

She demonstrated with a slower, single stripe from the tail to the head of the fish, the flecks of scales peeling off at her paws. "...like so. It can get pretty messy, but I prefer not getting them stuck in my teeth. And if you hook a paw under the fish and angle it towards you, it's a little more of a controlled mess, at least."

Mal grinned. "That's pretty much all the processing I like to do. You can also remove the gills, guts, bones, and skin beforehand, if you want me to show you that, too," she offered.

She pushed the fish towards Mortis, urging him to give it a go. In the meantime, she took a few bites of the fatty belly of her own fish, spitting out a few bones. "Of course, if you're impatient like me, after the scales and fins you can just eat around the parts you want to avoid."

"Speech"