Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-29-2013, 02:26 PM

He listened with care as the elder woman continued speaking, nodding to her words, his attention growing as she mentioned battle tactics. This was more his kind of talk. In a battle, have you ever felt the hackles at the back of your neck, tingle and spun, in time to deflect an attack from another opponent? That is your sixth sense. My birth pack, especially the Alphas and my parents, the Lead Healers, had a way of listening to the land, with more than their ears, and seeing with more than their eyes. His face took on a look of concentration, thinking back to the countless training sessions he'd had growing up. Erani was right. That feeling to predict where his opponents next move was going to come from had happened to him before. Did all wolves have this sixth sense, or was it just warriors? The seed of curiosity had been planted in the young Knight but he would add nourishment today, at least not for the moment, now that the elder vixen was speaking once more, remarking that only those with a good heart could sorrow for the loss of a stranger. He smiled at the ivory dame, shrugging his shoulders modestly. It was what his mother had taught him to do.

I know of her. From afar. She?s an intelligent girl. My niece Claire adores her. And I have a feeling Sera?s father might just take in with Claire. As for our pack, Valhalla is based strongly off of family, honor, loyalty and love. Children are cherished above all else, and we will fight to the last breath to protect them. We had an Alliance with Old Glaciem, when they resided here. A good pack, with much the same values as Valhalla. Their original Chief came from Valhalla as a matter of fact. Valhalla is a great deal like my Birth pack, Redwood, was. When I was a yearling, my entire pack was murdered by our enemy, the Blackmoons. I thought I had lost all my family, until a little over a year ago. My brother had survived the assault, due to our Ally?s arrival the evening of the attack. He is now our Beta. Cormalin. You might see him at the Challenge. Large, black, with a four point star on his brow and mismatched blue and gold eyes. How much more of your father?s actions will you be able to take, young Taurig? If he endangers your pack, does Loyalty mean anything? There are two kinds of Loyalty. One is true, and you never have to wonder if your soul will weep at the orders you must carry out. Another is a trap, A vine wrapped about your legs. What kind of Loyalty to you have? Now it was her turn for a long bout of speech and the young Knight sat attentive, icy gaze never leaving her deeper azure one, listening and drinking in each word that she had to offer. She spoke of Seraphine, and her father, and her niece and how Valhalla had had an alliance with the old Glaciem when they resided in the SnowFalls. She spoke of her birthbpack and how most of it had been slaughtered, except for her brother Cormalin whom he sure to see at the challenge. He thought she'd been don there, but he wasn't off the hook that easily.

His father. How much more of his father's wishes would he be able to comply with until he hit his breaking point? I'm...I'm not sure Erani. I swore my loyalty to my father when he brought me back from my birthpack to live here with him. To me, everything he does is for his self-ish gain, and never for the benefit of anyone else. If the pack I swore to protect comes under danger because of my father's actions...I would have to defy him and do what is best to keep the pack safe. Those women count on me to keep them safe and free of harm. If my father can't do it himself, then I will have to step in and do it for him...even if he ends up hating me for the rest of his life. At his last words his icy eyes became even frostier, his stance becoming rigid. If his father every crossed the line...Taurig wouldn't hesitate to cross the line and defy the pale king. He just hoped it would never come to that.

Talk like this