size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
07-05-2020, 11:44 PM
The sleeping girl stirred when her father jostled her. A little grumble of annoyance bubbled up in her. She had been sleeping so well. One purple eye cracked though and she saw the gentle smile of her giant father. Blinking and yawning, Asla sat up. It seemed like he was already geared up to talk, so she listened.

He kissed her nose then began, still talking to her as though she was a baby. Did he talk to Azure and Mortis like this? She knew that he didn't. Of course he spoke to Indy this way, but her purple sibling was... soft. He was kind and gentle and sweet. Asla was not. No matter how much her father might want her to be. At least he admitted to treating her like a child a moment later. She pulled herself up to her full height and gave a nod, trying to sound like an adult. She pulled upon the aura that her aunt Iolaire held. "I appreciate it," she replied.

Tall ears shifted as her father began to speak. He spoke of Mort, much to her surprise. He spoke of her brother trying to take his own life. Asla's eyes darkened as her father spoke these words. How stupid and selfish did you have to be to leave behind those that loved you? It made her angry that Mort had been so weak. He would have to make drastic changes if he ever wanted to lead to Armada some day. In her eyes, Azure was much more fit to lead. Especially with this new found knowledge.

Sirius went on to speak of Malalia having saved Mort in a way. The girl fought not to wrinkle her nose at the very mention of the other girl. Why hadn't her brother sought comfort from her instead? They were all that she needed, so why wasn't she all that they needed? It wasn't something that she was able to understand yet.

Again, Sirius compared Malalia to Azure, but to her it was a bad comparison. Azure was her brother. A brother that liked to kill things. Just as Mort liked to play and Indy liked to just be with her. They each held traits that she enjoyed. None was more special than the next aside from the bond that she held with Indigo. That was something different though.

She finally found her voice. "I don't even see Mort anymore. He's always with her. He doesn't need me anymore. Azure is off doing whatever. He doesn't need me anymore. Indy is the only one that does." They had both realized that after their last encounter. She had promised not to stay away.

After thinking for a while, Asla decided. "I won't wish her death anymore. Just for Morts sake. I won't like her though." She was adamant about that part. She'd just pretend that Malalia didn't exist. It was the easiest way for now until she could work through things in her mind and come to some sort of level ground.

A hunt was suggested and Asla shook her head. "I made Az a gift and he didn't want it." She'd painted them matching fox skulls. He'd stalked off angrily and left his behind. "I'd rather learn how to fight." She was still intent on being a fighter. Battle might help to slake the bloodlust that so often rose within her. "I already won a spar against Indigo. I tried to spar with others, but everyone takes it easy on me because I'm so small." It was insulting, really.
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]