An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

Halloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
07-24-2020, 07:38 PM

Aslaug was the first to arrive, and he threw her a grin. He’d have a chance to assess her skill in hunting larger animals today, and see how she handled hunting as a large team. Next was Red, the lucky new father, and Cai’s smile grew into a grin.

Next was Nolan, and Cairo flashed a wink at his best buddy before Domari made them a group of five. Five would do perfectly. After all, they’d been four with the last bison hunt. He cast a quick gaze over the plains before deciding that no one else would be coming, though he’d heard Aslaug’s father was hunting oriented. He was tempted to wait it out and see if the man was going to show, but he didn’t want the herd to get too far away.

So, turning to the four wolves before him he grinned, noting his own nerves and accepting them in the same thought. This was his first hunt that he was taking charge of, after all. It was natural to be a little nervous. Nerves were good. Cocky over confidence would get someone hurt.

Taking a breath, he started, “Okay! So, today, we’re hunting a bison cow. She’s heavy with calf and very close to calving, but her leg’s broken, and I’m pretty sure it’s not a survivable injury. First, though—Red, Domari, this is Aslaug Kvasir, one of our new members. I’m certain Aurielle would have told you about their arrival.”

He flashed a grin to the girl, tail beating the air a few times before he turned back to the hunt plan. He kept in mind his memory of the last time, how Domari had directed them, and how Red had stated where he was less a help and more a hinderance.

“I think we’ll follow a similar plan as last time, and I’ll leave it to you lot who does what. Two of you to get the herd stampeding, three of us to bring the bison down and dispatch her. The two that scare the herd, stay close enough in case we need extra paws.”

He cast a quick glance around at the four faces before him as he asked, “How does that sound? Any questions or suggestions, or do you want to see the playing field first to get an idea?”

His trademark bright grin encouraged them. He was always willing to take suggestions, after all; he was still learning.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think