Galileo

gems
size
build
player
08-30-2013, 10:04 PM
God knows I got a good heart,

but my blood is filled with demons.

Galileo had always found himself drawn to this place, so when Cross had asked him to come with him, Galileo couldn't have dreamed of saying no. Though the cousins had never been the closest to each other, Cross and Orica had always been joined at the hip. But Orica, for all that she was, was a healer at heart, and she would probably never understand the monster that lurked inside Galileo. It was a vicious thing, lobbying for the death of those who angered him, but Galileo understood on a fundamental level that it was wrong and that he should never succumb to it. Once he let the anger triumph and destroyed his opponents, then he would have failed his family and everything they had taught him.

Cross, at least, seemed like he would not have been utterly horrified by such a revelation. Which Galileo was afraid the rest of his family would be. It didn't make sense, but the fear was there, a final ghost of his terrified childhood. But Galileo had grown up a lot since then. And it seemed that Cross had as well. The two had gotten along fairly well during their trip, Galileo had to admit.

When a shot of his name hit Galileo's ears the male stirred, lifting his head up to spot a projectile flying straight at his face. A snarl escaped Galileo's maw and he reacted, jaws opening and clamping tightly around a protrusion from the bark, though the male slid backwards a few inches as he absorbed the force of the thing. Snorting irritably, Galileo opened his maw and let it hit the ground with a solid thud, yanking his paws out of the way just in time. "Impressive," Galileo couldn't deny that it had taken a lot of strength to get that thing flying like that. A flicker of envy darted through his mind, but Galileo clamped down on it fiercely. He had no right to be jealous of something that Cross had clearly worked hard for; if he really wanted to be that strong, then he could work for it too.

The jealous thoughts slunk away and Galileo twitched an ear as if bothered by a fly, padding towards Cross carefully, keeping an eye on the male to ensure that he wasn't about to launch any other tree trunks at Galileo. "Looks cold." Galileo commented on the state of the water idly, settling back serenely on his haunches as he too found his gaze focusing on the water. His words felt like a challenge, though the were not directed at anyone but himself. How far behind him was the fearful pup that Galileo had once been? Could he simply walk into the water? Hmm. It was a tempting test of his will.

coding by lutara & kat

I?m fighting myself, believe me.[ G A L I L E O ]