Basilisk I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
08-31-2013, 06:43 AM

It wasn't at all surprising that Cross took a long moment to answer his question. However -- the answer wasn't exactly what he'd wanted. Basilisk had known for some time that his need to avenge his father's death was not exactly considered honorable, and yet why did he have to worry about honor? Eyes narrowed, watching Cross thoughtfully; the boy seemed to have grown up in a loving home, with thoughtful parents. Nothing at all like his home. Part of him envied him, but the darker side of him was grateful he did not have to be burdened by guilt for not wanting to suppress his most animalistic needs. A sigh left his lips, and he shuffled his paws uncomfortably for a moment/

"It isn't," he said glumly, but shrugged his wide shoulders aimlessly. "But if you just said everything I wanted to hear, I wouldn't find you very interesting." It was true -- what interest would he have in speaking to someone who had no opinions of their own? Even if Cross was different than him, the boy had earned his trust. It was rare to find someone who was both painfully honest and yet seemed to withhold judgement, two traits he appreciated -- and he had found impossible to find in others.

A long pause followed. The silence was heavy, but not exactly awkward. Another sigh left his lips. "I should get going," he said, gaze drifting to the distant horizon. "You said your family resides in the northern lands still, right? Perhaps I could visit you sometime?" Their spar would definitely have to continue.