An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy

Halloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
08-15-2020, 07:39 PM

Ulric sprang the trap, and the buck went down. Cairo piled on soon after, ducking past the thrashing antlered head before he fastened his jaws tightly over the throat, jerking hard and fast. His teeth broke through the skin and flesh, but the real killing blow was the crunch of the buck’s neck as it broke.

Though Ulric wanted the antlers, Cairo figured it was better not to ruin the hide, as it could be used as well for the man’s ideas. The body went limp, though the buck died a good minute after, unable to move before Cai finished it.

Cairo stepped back as he dropped the deer’s neck, grinning at his cousin as his tail stroked the air in a wag. “I always enjoy a good hunt. I usually go for the injured or sick, especially at home, but either way, he’ll be of good use.”

As Ulric better explained his plans, Cairo studied the buck, glancing between it and Ulric in thought. “Well, the area around the neck, the cape, is often the thicker area of the hide, a natural defense against us predators. So if you’re wanting your neck to be protected I’d layer the leather there once it’s cured. If you can boil it then let it harden, it helps.”

He sat back slightly, lifting a bracered paw in the air and wiggling his bear-claw enhanced toes with a grin as he said, “Let’s get him skinned out, eh?”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think