gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7
08-16-2020, 08:20 AM

The yearling was alright and Skælingr felt relief seep into his sore muscles. He hadn't seen a blow during the fight but he'd been so focused on the bear that it wasn't out of the question for him to miss something. He nodded at the boy's question. "Yea, sore and bruised but I can walk it off." He nodded at the boys words. "I've had encounters with bear's before, especially during the spring when they're coming out of hibernation cranky and hungry. I didn't expect to find one so close to a packs borders, but then I have heard of bears eating pups." Skælingr tended to give bears a wide berth if possible and they were one reason he was glad he and his wife hadn't conceived. He'd want a pack for protection. A lone wolf with a gaggle of pups would look like a fine meal for a hungry grizzly.

The sound of something large moving through the brush caught his attention and for a moment he wondered if it was another bloody bear but instead it was a massive wolf with huge fangs. Skælingr scented the ground and breathed a sigh of relief. He was still outside the border and thus couldn't be accused of trespassing. The large man gave an order to the yearling, Naiche. Skælingr kept his silence.

"Speech"