gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Snake EyesVolcanoChristmas 2019
08-18-2020, 08:39 AM
Kirsi nodded in understanding. The stars themselves, at least to her, had no real meaning - she very much doubted anyone could see their future written in the stars, though they were quite the sight anyway. They did remind her of just how small she was in the big scope of things. Her existence was an accident at best, and she wouldn't live long enough to truly make a mark on the world. Perhaps if she was lucky she might influence a select few, but looking at the stars reminded her of just how impermanent this all was.

"That's about how I feel about them. I'm not terribly superstitious, nor religious." The harsh reality of life was all anyone could ever expect out of this world; there was no purpose for all of this, no higher being directing them around and saving them when they needed it most. Everything was simply random, a game of chance. She almost found herself glad she didn't believe in anything like a god - for what would a god possibly do to her, for all that she'd done? Could she ever redeem herself? Kirsi truly doubted it.

She let out a breath of steamy air as she tilted her head back to Polaris. "They do remind me of just how inconsequential all of this is. You know, it's easy to get lost in your hopes and ambitions, but... none of it really matters. Not in the end. We all turn to dust, like everything else." Maybe that thought was too morbid for the yearling to face. Kirsi shook her head, as if ridding the thought from her mind. "But that's just me. No need to think like I do, of course." But when you've seen what I have, it's hard to not, she reminded herself, somewhat bitterly.