gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7
08-21-2020, 07:15 PM

Skælingr kept an eye on his project and the sap, making sure it didn't start to boil. Pine sap was terribly flammable and the last thing he needed to do was catch the thicket on fire. The man introduced himself as Allegro and he settled down to watch as Skælingr worked. "I noticed you smell of pack. Is there a pack near these lands then? As for what I'm making, its called pine pitch. It's like a sort of glue. It can be useful for making other things. If you want I'm happy to share my bowls and fire." He picked up another stick and stirred the sap until it started to darken in color and become thick.

Using a stick he hooked the bowl and gently moved it from the fire to a stone where it could cool a bit and where he could work more closely with it without getting his nose right near the fire. He took a stick in his mouth and gently stuck it in the sticky, tar-like mixture. Rotating the stick he carefully gathered the substance onto the stick before setting the un sticky end down in the dirt to hold it up while it finished drying. He could've left it in the bowl and stored it that way but he opted for the stick this time. When it was done he'd just wrap it in a scrap piece of hide and store it that way. When it was time to use the pitch he'd he'd it over a fire to soften it back up.

"Speech"