Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
lunarcat7
08-22-2020, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 09:31 AM by Svala.)

Svala pulled out her water skin and carefully added some water to the bowl for her tea. Satisfied she sealed the water skin and gave the tea a quick stir with a stick before scooting the bowl near the fire so it could start to heat up and extract the medicinal properties from the herbs. At that moment another wolf, close to Svala's age, joined the little group and offered to help. Svala smiled. "Would you like to help me with drying this lavender? I have enough for two bundles and I'd be happy to give you one. If there's anything you'd like a lesson on just let me know, I'm happy to share knowledge."

Svala picked up one of the bundles and set it closer to the stranger while taking another bundle and moving it toward herself. She had some thin strips of leather which she set in the middle. She carefully selected one strip and laid it out horizontally, she then set the bundle of fresh lavender in the center of the strip of leather so the stems would be the part that was tied. "You'll have to forgive my sloppy knots. This part is so hard without a companion. My name is Svala by the way." She took one end of the leather strip and tossed it over the stems. She then took the left side and lifted it up, holding down the tossed right side while she used her mouth and free paw to wiggle the left side under the right. She then pulled to form the beginning of a square knot. She reworked the process until she had a square knot.

Deadline: September 2, 5:00 pm central time US