size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
08-31-2020, 08:49 PM

Drífa settled down to wait. Her companions drew close to keep her company. At least it was a warm day as far as the northern territories went. She smiled gently as Acere appeared and greeted her. "Hello, Acere. Please sit, talk with me a moment. I know I haven't been in the position of Grand Maester but I'm afraid I should like to retire to the rank of Elder. I'm of course always happy to offer advice but it I should like to sit back and enjoy the time I have left." She continued to smile gently. "I have lived older than most of my kin but I am suffering an internal illness. One that has taken other members of my family and for which there is no treatment. I hope to be with you another year but I can make no promises." Having her mortality framed with a time frame brought a confusing mix of thoughts to her mind, many of which she hadn't quite sorted out. She supposed in some ways this wasn't entirely unexpected. She was getting to that age, but still there was part of her that felt like like would just continue winding on forever. It was a strange thing to see an end to that path, at least in this world.