size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOoze ImmuneThe Ooze Participant
09-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Kichi hadn’t realized just how long a hunt was going to take.  The small pup was clearly a better hunter.  After they left he had taken down several grasshoppers, chased a mouse, destroyed two pinecones and scared away a bird! He wasn’t counting the fact how only one bird flew away, or that it was questionable if the one whom left was due to him.  Kichi the brave and strong had played hard, slept hard and repeated the cycle another time.

Kichi was sleeping in that deep special sleep reserved for pups, the one untainted by fears of senses of dread.  His sleep was deep and peaceful with the assurance nothing could go wrong in his little world. Innocence was a fleeting thing.  Words floated through his dream world.  It took the pup’s drowsy mind a bit to realize the words were not part of the dream and it was his name that was said.  One word, and it was sad.

Kichi was awake, and he smelled meat and family! The little grey furball got up quickly but then slowed as he realized it was only Lurid but mom and dad’s scent were still on her.  That made sense, that was normal but what wasn’t normal were the tears and her expression.  Kichi was confused, “Lurid?” the small pup walked up slowly.  Each step seemed to go with thought, “It’s ok Lurid.  I can smell the meat,” a flicker of a tail wag as if to assure her it would be ok.  He wanted her to agree it was alright, “if you didn’t get the biggest I don’t mind.  I’ll help next time.  Mom and dad bringing back the food?” That had to be it since she was here first.  “We could go help?  Are you hurt Lurid?  You can eat my portion if you need it.”  

Kichi shoved his head into her front leg, rolling it to look up at her, “It’s ok, right?” There was a lot of weight in that one word ‘right.’  She wouldn’t let anything be not-right?  Something felt bad in his stomach and he couldn’t explain it.  A nameless fear but Lurid would make it go away.