gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
lunarcat7
09-05-2020, 02:45 PM

Now that she had the herbs secured with cord it was time to make a way to dry them. She had attempted to dry them in trees before by stretching up the branches and tying the corder around lower branches. However, that was difficult and there weren't any trees available to readily use. Svala turned her attention to the loose ends and taking one of the strands in her mouth and using her paws she tied another square not to complete a loop. Once the loop was finished she picked it up and looped the cord over one of the branches of a stick she'd stuck in the ground to enable the herbs to dry. She adjusted the knot to make sure they hung with the stalks up and the flowers down.

She nodded at Justice's words. "Yes, I hang them up like this. My companion can help tie them around branches and such but I find that kind of hard by myself. Either way works, but I find hanging to be the best way to dry lavender. It helps the blooms keep their shape and to preserve the essential oils. If you dry them in a darker space away from sunlight they'll keep the color better." Svala wasn't quite concerned about the color though, she wanted the healing properties. Though… there might be some useful properties in the color, she wasn't for sure though.