size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
09-05-2020, 10:32 PM
Her Alpha appears, his steps pulling Meadow from her internal musings but her eyes never leave the horizon. When he sits next to her, offering his shoulder, the small healer sinks against it gratefully, her eyes full of unshed tears. His voice drags a smile out of her, one filled with memories and happiness. Nodding her head, Meadow’s voice is soft and halting as she says, “Yes, we… never really settled down for long before. It is very strange… to leave. I haven’t felt so… accepted in a long time. I know, in my heart, that this is the right thing to do. But… it hurts.”

Tears silently fall as she looks away, Sirius’ compassion helping her express what she needs to say but it still is proving difficult to express. Closing her eyes, Meadow does what does best… she feels. In that moment, a flood of emotions crashes through her; love, happiness, hurt, sorrow and finally, contentment. They all flicker across her features, finally settling into a comfortable relaxed expression. The understanding that this needs to happen, helping her feel peace. As her eyes open, the tears are gone and a soft smile takes their place.

Looking back out over the horizon, Meadow says, “I cannot thank you and Zee enough for giving us a home. For letting me be a part of something bigger than myself. I have made so many friends, all of them now family. Mort, Indigo, Hanako, Zee, you… all of you mean so much to me. But Resin… she is my sister. Has seen me at my best and been with me through the worst. I have to go with her. I need to be with her.” Now comes the hard part. Asking a favor. Looking up at Sirius as best she can, Meadow asks, “But I… I was wondering… actually, hoping... can I still come visit?”

"Meadow"