Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
09-06-2020, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2020, 07:51 PM by Nyx.)

You heard it right, Kai and Justice are having kids! This litter is definitely considered an accident by the both of them, but a happy accident nonetheless (at least according to Kai...)!

The Parents

Kai - The father of the litter, Kai's my wild, free-spirited Jarvela. Though he doesn't care much for commitment (to say the least), he does value family and will be excited when he learns that he'll be a father, since he was very close to his own. In terms of parenting, he'll be the type to give his kids plenty of freedom - probably too much, according to some wolves. He won't ever be found coddling or babying his kids, but if you directly threaten them, you can bet he'll do anything in his power to protect them.

Justice - The mother, Justice, is a loyal but snarky adrenaline junky who is happiest in the middle of a fight. Contrary to Kai, her religious and spiritual beliefs might be more closely categorized as "anti theist" and she is profoundly cynical. She has some emotional baggage from losing her own parents young that is probably going to affect her parenting. Parenting style: sea turtle.

The Children

Tea and I are each taking one character from this litter, and are only adopting out one pup!

Personalities/Alignment
Since both Justice and Kai are both chaotic neutral and tend to be independent and free-spirited, it's likely that their children will be influenced by that. Though chaotic, neither of them lean toward being evil, so no characters like that please. They'll very likely be taught by both parents to be independent, strong, and take no shit from anyone, ever. Emotionally weak, overly scared pups are highly unlikely.

Culture
While Kai is not very spiritual, the Jarvela family does believe in animism as well as the worship of reindeer. He will teach his children some of what he knows about his family and their beliefs, so if you're inclined to make your character more spiritual/reindeer-herder-esque, he'll happily coax that along! If not, that's totally fine to, but he will stress the importance of the Jarvela way of life: Doing what you want, loving who you want, and having a good time in the process. Life's too short to do anything else! As noted above, Justice is closer to anti-theistic, so the kids will have a good balance of different views - and the freedom to ultimately believe whatever they want.

Future
These children will be born in Valhalla, though Kai isn't fond of packs in general and will be inclined to encourage them to leave as soon as they want to. Basically, nothing is set in stone here, a lot depends on the pups and what they want in life.

Names
Kai will tend to stick to simple Finnish/Nordic sounding names, so sticking to this theme will be the safest bet.

Designs

NEW! 9/19/20

Feel free to bring your own, if you'd like! Kai does have tusks and they run in his family, so similar mutations are totally fine (tusks, horns, elongated teeth). Justice is 33" and Kai is 41", so keep that in mind too.

Requirements

Stay active. I don't like to take back characters, but Kai is special to me, so I will if I need to. Two posts a month sounds fair to me, though I'll talk to you if you get inactive and see what's going on before just taking your character back.

No characters that are polar opposites of their parents, or hate them for no reason. Especially when they're young, though I recognize that sometimes in-character events shape how characters develop, but this kind of characterization is just flat and boring to me.

Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Design[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Plans[/b]: Do you think they might stick around with Justice in Valhalla for awhile, follow Kai on his unpredictable wandering, or something else entirely? If you have no idea, that's totally fine too!