Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-12-2020, 12:07 AM

A firm, formal voice met her ears and she jumped at the sound, her gaze darting to land on the sandy, tan colored man that seemed to be eyeing her with a thin patience. Her ears automatically fell back against her head and her posture drooped submissively before she could remember that she didn't need to act like that here. It was so ingrained into her behavior that it was hard to do anything else, especially when confronted by a male she didn't know. Keeping her head and tail low almost felt more comfortable and familiar than standing up right did at this point and she could only hope that at some point it began to feel the other way around.

"Um... yes, I am," she replied uncertainly to the question of if she was new, slowly trying to lift her head again as she spoke. "Tamsyn brought me here about a week ago and Sirius told me I could stay," she added, feeling as if she needed to explain her presence in some way. It really only told a fraction of the story behind why she had found herself in the Armada, but it was enough for a stranger she hoped. After meeting Aslatiel she was beginning to wonder if all of the wolves here were quite this blunt and harsh or if it had just been her luck with the two she had met thus far. She really needed to start meeting more wolves here... but she could only tackle one insecurity at a time.

As for what was wrong... "I, um..." She sighed, her ears flicking as she glanced toward the willows with frustration. "I had only just gotten to Boreas before I ended up here so I haven't actually been out of the pack lands on my own yet and I'm just..." She was what? Nervous? Scared? How ridiculous did it make her look to say she was afraid to take one step away from the Armada's lands on her own? It just made her feel weak to even admit. Of course she had to remind herself that there was much more to it that he wouldn't know, but she also didn't know if he would be any more sympathetic if he did know what had gotten her to this point.

"Speech"