With A Little Help From My Friend

Indigo

Rue

gems
size
build
player
09-13-2020, 06:08 PM

Indy's words brought her heart fluttering in the girls chest. She smiled, her eyes lifting at the corners. "Yes, that does make you my best friend, Indy." She had a friend. And not only a friend, but a best friend. It was a good feeling. It was a normal feeling. With so much turmoil and foreignness going on lately, it was good to feel okay, if only for a little while.

Indy offered to help her build a home as well as a garden and again Rue's heart thumped in her chest. "Oh, Indy... that would be so nice, but..." She felt a little ashamed for having him help her. Why couldn't she just join his pack? It was such a scary thought. She had never been around so many wolves. Add one more to Indy, and that was the full amount. "I don't want you to go out of your way for me." Besides, what if she eventually mustered up the courage to join him in his pack? "Maybe we can just hollow out one of the dead trees here. I can sleep in there. Maybe..." The girl lowered her big eyes bashfully. "Maybe I'll eventually join your pack. I'm just scared." Admitting fear wasn't a weakness, she'd always been told. Honesty wasn't weakness. Would he think of her as weak because of her admission?

"Speech"