size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
10-04-2020, 02:53 AM

The closer that they got to the pigs, the more serious and business-like Asla became. This was work. Hunting was something that she was serious about and so it would take all of her concentration. Naiche's question brought an ear flicking towards him. "You never can tell. I've seen lone pigs. I've seen groups of five. I've seen groups of twenty. There are quite a few big batches in the mangroves." The place was moist and they liked their rooting. Pigs were capable of putting out a lot of destruction.

As the cream and grey girl tested the air, she motioned for Naiche to stop. With a look that told him to be quiet, she gave a small pull of her head and motioned for him to follow slowly and look. With one paw, she pulled a few vine-like branches aside, parting the natural curtain that they made. Up ahead beside one of the many streams, six pigs rooted in the muck and rough housed with one another. They were on the smaller side, but looked as though they were old enough to be on their own. Bringing her maw close to Naiche's ear, she spoke softly. "Pigs don't all run in the same direction like herd animals. They scatter. You have to pick your target and push the others from your mind. They are fast and low to the ground so they can fit in places that you might not be able to." Hunting pigs was almost an art form, it felt like.

"Choose your prey. Which one?" She would let him choose which pig they went after. "When hunting in a group, it's important to have the same target in mind. You will run from one side and I'll run from the other. We'll hem it in and run it into the ground. Wolves have much more stamina. Pigs peter out quickly." Grey ears pricked, swiveling towards the yellow wolf as she waited for him to choose.

"Speech"
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]