Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Many perhaps may have thought the question a little rude, they had only just met after all, sisters or not. It certainly would have been far more tactful for the first thing she discovered about her sister was something on a cheerier note and yet Song, although taken aback by the question did begin to answer. "I haven't talked to her since before you were born." That detail of course wasn't too surprising, she couldn't recall Novel having ever left Ahlon and Song certainly hadn't been back. "We had a big fight. The day I left. Mother decided I would be heir, she practically ignored Anthem and the others. She expected me to be okay with that. I finally snapped. The moment was a blur, but she knew she couldn't control what I did anymore. So I left."

Given her own upbringing, Novella could hardly imagine such favouritism from her mother. Each of the four pups had been considered equal, from herself all the way down to the little Myth. Evidently something had happened prior to her birth though, details that they hadn't thought necessary for the younger generation to know. The younger female had been silenced again now, this new knowledge sinking in and she wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Did she mention the fact the family certainly weren't so divided anymore, that there had been no mention of a heir as far as she could tell, or would that make the situation worse for Song?

No answer was needed however, for Anthem had suddenly spoken up again, questioning the whereabouts of Legend, Story and Myth, a touch of worry to his voice. Song began to wonder the same thing, though for the remainder of the siblings. "They're all ok, they're at home, Anthem." Novella explained, as far as she was aware anyway, she had no idea if any of them had followed her lead. "Lyric is there too, but Howl and Symphony are close, I followed them. I thought Anthem was with them." She now looked to her brother as well, wondering the very same thing as Song.