Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
10-12-2020, 10:51 PM

"Aslatiel"

Naiche's comment about sitting still being boring had the injured lady's eyes rolling. Of course it was boring. Who would choose to stay in a den all day long, doing nothing but twiddling her non-existent thumbs? It was ridiculous. She hated it. She hated the pity that she saw in the eyes of others the most. Aslatiel didn't want anyone's fucking pity. Give her admiration for her deeds, but never give her pity. She saw a little bit of that pity when he asked how long she was stuck without walking. Asla's gaze narrowed momentarily. "My aunt said that it would be weeks before I'm even able to put weight on it. Months before I can use it as I did before. There's a chance that I could have a permanent limp." She studied his face, waiting for more of that pity. "She was confident in her setting of the bone, however, and so she says that the chance of a limp is slight, but it's still there."

His own guilt bubbled to the surface as he cursed himself and went through the list of 'would have-should haves.' Aslatiel shook her head lightly. "There was nothing that you could have done. Your field of vision was elsewhere. It would have been too late by the time that you'd seen it." Had she only screamed rather than acted, Naiche would most likely have his guts on the floor. She would trade her broken leg for that any day.

What he did next was a bit of a surprise. The golden wolf stepped up close and gave her a kiss on the crown of her head. A sly smile turned up the corners of Asla's cheeks. Ah, so he was the one kissing her now. Funny stuff, that. She didn't comment, however. He was being serious when he thanked her. The cream colored girl nodded in acceptance and listened as he spoke of how she'd blinded it. Aslatiel laughed aloud, galaxy gaze glittering. "Perfect. I'd bloody well hope so, too. Makes me feel better that I got in a nice jab before I was sent flying." The smile slowly faded and Asla reached out one paw to place it upon Naiche's. "I really am glad you're okay, Golden Boy. I'd break my leg a thousand times to save your life." Honest sincerity. A rarity.

[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]