An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
11-04-2020, 11:33 AM

Hattori's method of teaching was firm but fair. It was true they were in no rush, that there was no deadline looming overhead, but Hattori was a man of expectations. When he put effort into something he expected to see good results sooner rather than later. He knew it was a large undertaking for the empress and he valued her enthusiasm but he almost couldn't help himself as disapproval creased his brows. His eyes narrowed into a squint, she'd gotten so close and yet so far. He wasn't mad by any stretch of the word, it would have been blazingly obvious if that were the case, but if she was hoping for a pat on the shoulder or praise she was going to be disappointed.  

"Name." He corrected, emphasising the word with a low rumble as he held her gaze. "Hattori of the Iga clan." And then, whilst it didn't necessarily apply to their situation he took this as a moment to further teach her about his culture. "But you must remember what I said. In my language we do not often offer our first name so freely. It is seen as very disrespectful to call someone by their given name. If you were speaking to someone else you would introduce yourself as Empress Abraxas."

In saying that he had inadvertently admitted that Hattori was only his family name, not the one given by his betters.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]