Large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Samhain 20221K
11-12-2020, 06:53 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

He wanted to help and comfort her so badly, but he couldn't tell what was going on in her head as she leaned into him and continued to sob. He couldn't quite get her to meet his gaze, but he wouldn't force her. If she just wanted him to hold her then that's what he would do. It made him feel increasingly helpless since he had no idea how to be a good partner or father and was now suddenly faced with the possibility of being both of these things. It was scary and overwhelming and exciting and he couldn't quite separate one emotion from another right now.

His mismatched ears perked forward when she spoke and his brows lifted with surprise. Lose these too? She had been a mother before? He was already aware of the fact that he didn't know much about her past, but this just emphasized that fact. He couldn't tell from how she spoke of her children if they were gone from this world or just gone from her life - or perhaps a combination of the two. It also made him wonder about the father of those pups and where he might fit into the picture of her life. He'd be lying if he said that he wasn't entirely overwhelmed and confused by this entire situation, but he tried his best just to take this one thing at a time. The biggest concern and thing he wanted to focus on was the fact that she was pregnant and they were going to be parents. Whatever happened in her past could be addressed at another time. For now he just needed to focus on this change in his life so that he could make sense of it.

He nuzzled the top of her head and continued to hold her close to comfort her the best he could. He wished it was possible to just make everything wonderful and perfect for her even though he was certain that wasn't possible. "Aranea, I... I don't know what's happened in your past, but I promise I'll do everything in my power to make your future everything you want it to be." He gently rubbed her back with his forepaws and left a few gentle kisses around her ears. "I want to have a family with you... and love you and these pups if you'll let me."