Intermediate Intellectual (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipPride - AsexualUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantVolcano
Christmas 2019
11-29-2020, 06:12 PM
Thalia  hadn't disappeared without a word to hurt Theory, to confuse or otherwise; she'd left because she'd needed to. Part of her might not have agreed to this entire thing if she'd thought she couldn't leave of her own accord, whenever she wished. Theory was not her superior as Eligos was. Still, she knew as much as Theory that they were both in an uncomfortable predicament, for a few different reasons. Thalia did not belong here - she was constantly reminded of that - and yet she wasn't sure she should be anywhere else at all. It was too soon to many any judgements about Abaven or Theory, or how exactly the Abraxas would best fit into the picture. Before she'd even had time to settle in she'd been pulled back home, and now she was finally back, though she wasn't sure how easily it would be to official integrate now with thoughts of Aureus's death hanging over her like a dark cloud.

It was hardly a surprise that she wasn't in Abaven lands for long before Theory caught scent of her. Early morning patrols were no surprise, though it didn't strike her that Theory might actually worry that she was returning to Eligos to ready an army. They knew far too little about Abaven and their usefulness to jump to such a rash decision. Eligos had stressed that their days of senseless violence were behind them, and Thalia had taken his words to heart. They had to be rational about these things, after all. Not that rationality was always such an easy thing... especially when presented with a less-than-favorable greeting after her return. Thalia slowed as Theory came into view, trying to gauge her expression as best she could. "I went home," she answered simply at first. Was she annoyed with her? She felt a dull anger rising in her throat, though she did her best to quell it, though her posture stiffened. "One of my cousins died unexpectedly. There was a funeral I had to attend." There had been no time to tell Theory and even if there had been, she hadn't been in the right mindset. As she spoke, her words sounded detached, lifeless; her gaze drifted off to the rapids, briefly wondering how many wolves had perished there, or if they really were all fun and games as Theory had made it seem.