size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
12-14-2020, 01:42 AM

Much to the boy's delight, Rudy had done exactly as he'd hoped for, going forward for his leg just as Artorias threw his weight into him. He felt his body make contact with his brother's, and after a momentary tumble, he had ended up on top, pinning Rudyard to the ground with all four paws and his entire puppy weight down on him. A proud, triumphant grin spread across Artorias' face as it dawned on him that he had emerged victorious from the fray. His first real scrap and he'd won! A swelling of pride grew in the pup's chest, but he wouldn't gloat. Artorias was not boastful, and he didn't want to put Rudy down for losing. His brother had fought well and hadn't backed down! Art was proud of Rudy, especially since the stormy grey pup hadn't made it easy on him!

Artorias had been so wrapped up in replaying and analyzing their spar in his head that he had completely forgotten he was all but sitting on top of Rudyard at the moment until his brother snapped and kicked at him. Amber eyes blinked a few times to bring the wolf pup back to reality, and he glanced down at the trapped form of Rudy. "Oh! Oh, right, sorry!" Artorias scrambled to climb off of Rudy, flopping back on his rump on the grass next to his smaller brother. "Thanks! I didn't know if it'd work or not. You did good too! You really put up a good fight, Rudy, thanks for sparring with me!" Artorias smiled happily, earnest in his gratitude for Rudy's willingness to spar. If he was to become as great as he hoped to be, he knew he was going to need all the real world application of fighting he could get his paws on. Plus it had given him a surge of confidence in himself.

"Y'know, I think I'm beginning to see what you mean when you say we're meant to be leaders," he said to Rudy after a moment. Artorias stood up to grab his fallen stick, bringing it back over to sit by Rudy while listening to the calming rush of the falls near them. "If we work real hard, we can be the role models for other wolves, and then we can be leaders like Mom and Mama! We can make the Hallows the greatest pack ever!" He looked over at Rudy with a blaze burning in his amber eyes like a smoldering fire. Artorias still had no idea what it would take to become a leader—let alone a good leader—but if leading was the apex of how he could help, protect, and inspire others, then that was a future he would keep his eyes on the horizon for.

"Speech" | Thoughts

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.