size
Small
build
Medium
player
Scully
12-16-2020, 11:20 PM
C l o u s e ➶ A r c h e r

The foreign man's pale eyes locked onto the youth, dissipating all hope within Clouse that he might go unnoticed. The boy swallowed with difficulty, clearing saliva that suddenly felt sticky on his tongue. The adrenaline had kicked in but he'd yet to give his body an outlet for it, simply staring back at the horned wolf and waiting for him to decide for Clouse what would be next. The man gestured before he spoke, and while the imposter Archer did not stand any taller, his gaze followed the stranger's bidding. He blinked owlishly at the rodents.

Clouse flushed at the question, presented in an accent unfamiliar to him. Is... is it that obvious? he sweated internally, and it took another forced gulp before he could summon what little courage he'd been gifted; not enthusiastically, Clouse decided to act on the assumption that this odd stranger was kind. His posture lost it's frigidity and fearfulness as he walked to the other wolf's side, but still it was clear that he did not act with much confidence. The noise made was minimal; wind moved the grasses often in fields and the rabbits were used to shuffling here and there, Clouse knew that much. What he didn't realize was that his undetected presence was also thanks to the fact that he and his company stood in a spot that allowed for the wind to advantageously carry their scents away from their prey. This lacking knowledge got him caught while trying to get the jump on small prey many a time.

"I... I mean I'd, be super quiet, try to go at one of the, like the outer ones? And just... hope I'm fast enough," his voice fell in volume with the last sentence; he was already doing so poorly and they weren't even hunting yet.

Word Count: 302