gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
12-18-2020, 02:05 AM

Báine let her head rest on her paws as time ticked by and the late afternoon sunk into night. She knew that she should be getting back to the pack before anyone began to worry - if in fact anyone did - but she just couldn't get herself to stand. Laying here letting her mind wander through the past and thinking back on fond memories was the only comfort she could find right now so that's what she let herself do. She thought about the first time she crossed paths with Acere, she thought about the pleasant days she spent with him when she left her family to be with him before things began to turn toward the worst. She thought about finding a new life with Thorben and enjoying the love he gave her. She thought about all the endless love and joy that Nolan had given her... a love and a joy that were now gone.

She was staring off into the distance when Acere appeared and it wasn't until he was trotting over to where she was laying that she noticed his presence. She lifted her head to look at him, seeing the smile and the wag of his tail that seemed to fade as he got closer and got a good look at her current state. The worry in his voice made her ears fold back against her head and she looked down toward her paws with embarrassment. The truth was that her health had actually seemed to stabilize at the very least over the last couple of months, but this heavy, crushing grief made it seem like this wasn't the case. She didn't want him to see her this way, she didn't want him to worry, but... it was too late for that now.

"Acere... I..." she started, unsure of what to say. She pulled herself up onto her haunches with a bit of effort, still not quite able to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry, I... It's just been hard since..." Had Casso told him the news? She had no way of knowing. She swallowed around the hard lump that had formed in her throat and she closed her eyes as she tried to fight off the tears that threatened to come to the surface. She was so tired of crying, but there didn't seem to be any end in sight. "Nolan... He..." A slight tremble in her shoulders gave away the sob that she was trying so hard to hide, but it seemed to be determined to work its way to the surface.

"Talk" Think