Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-19-2020, 03:35 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

Rudy was clearly happy now that one problem was solved.  With that question out of the way, it was easier to focus on helping out Bowen in this search for shiny rocks.  “Of course I wouldn’t,” scoffed with a bit of drama to show it was all in good fun, “besides,” Rudy looked up with a roguish grin, “I’m getting bigger all the time.  I can wade through deeper water without it being a problem I’m sure!”

It was tempting to find the perfect depth pool to prove himself but this probably wasn’t the best time to get in trouble.  He was going to be asking mom for help with hunting and getting into trouble wouldn’t up his odds of getting to go.  Also, while he did love Bowen he wasn’t sure that she wouldn’t snitch on him for doing it.  Rudyard really did try to behave but it was hard when a part of his mind argued with wanting to test himself or prove himself or grow too curious to think about the rules until it was done.  Self-control might be one of the hardest lessons Rudy would have to learn.

Rudy worked on turning over a larger flat rock that had blocked his easy digging in one spot. He could have just moved over a bit and been fine but it was like some small challenge to make the rock leave instead of Rudy moving.  Eventually, the rock was flipped with plenty of little creatures rushing off.  He had no idea what they were just super pale and tiny and didn’t really look fish-like.  The baby shrimp had rushed off to find a new hiding spot.  Below the rock though were more small rocks and grit.  He dug out a curious looking one and once out of the water found a portion of it was a boring grey but the other half was practically clear with jagged edges.  He had found a bit of quartz.  “How about this? It’s real shiny up top?”  Surely Bowen would like this one? Couldn’t get much shinier than that!