The old boys hold all the cards

Fel aka pretty lady

Sibyl

gems
size
build
player
12-22-2020, 01:12 PM

As she finished her stretch she settled back down onto her stomach to look over her project. Before she could resume her work though, she heard the sound of paw steps approaching her moments before she felt Fel settle in beside her. Her ears perked with surprise and a pleased smile touched her lips when the dark woman nuzzled her cheek. She had grown increasingly concerned for the clearly mourning and dejected fae that now rested at her side, though she tried to not be over bearing with her urging to eat and her desire to care for the silver flecked wolf that had caught all of her attention as of late. She snuck in an affectionate lick to Fel's cheek in return before the woman curled up beside her with their hips still pressed together. She very nearly abandoned her project all together in favor of spending time focused on Fel, but since Fel's fiery eyes had turned to focus on the leather in front of them as well she figured she might as well see it though.

Now that all the holes she needed were placed in their necessary places, now came the most tedious and irritating part of the whole construction. She leaned forward to pick up a long, thin piece of leather that she had prepared ahead of time as well as a long feather she had found from some bird - maybe a turkey or something of a similar sort. She held the shaft end of the feather under one paw and used the other to start pulling and tearing the feathery bits off, leaving just the smooth tube of the core of the feather behind. It took some fiddling, but eventually she managed to feed the thin strip of leather into the widest part of the feather and then crimped it down with one of her claws so it wouldn't easily pull free from it. Pulling the larger piece of leather closer, she started feeding the thin strip through each of the holes, using the feather as a needle of sorts. As she fed the makeshift string through she began to bunch up the circle piece of leather so that it all gathered together, forming a sack with the leather string acting as a drawstring to keep it all together. After a bit of fussing to get it to sit just right, she pulled the feather off of the one end and sat back a bit to admire her handy work. It would still need a strap of some sort if she was going to carry it around with her, but that was easy enough to accomplish.

"You know the most annoying part of it all is that I've already done this more times than I can count," she commented, smirking a little as she glanced over to Fel. "I had one that turned out much nicer than this one - I'm a bit out of practice now... Back then it was the punishment of choice of the teachers to make us craft these herb satchels when we misbehaved." She chuckled and a more mischievous grin pulled at her lips as she added, "And of course I was always getting in trouble. Too bad I didn't think to take my favorite one with me when I escaped. This one will do though. Just a little something to make collecting and gathering herbs a little easier." She partially felt like she was just filling the empty air with casual conversation, but she liked sharing little bits and pieces about her life with Fel. She wasn't nearly as secretive as Azriel tended to be, though she didn't think her previous life required all the cloak and dagger than his did either. What was there to hide about growing up as a healer? All the other bits that got her in trouble might not be so freely shared with everyone, but Fel was special.

Talk